The Forster thermfix vario is a mullion/transom curtain wall system with a thermal break, based on the dry-glazing system. The inner steel or stainless steel profiles perform the structural bearing function, with large spans possible, even with fire resistance levels up to -/90/90 (walls).
Clip on external glazing beads are available in steel, stainless steel or aluminium, while the internal steel structural frame can be painted or powdercoated to suit the building design requirements.
- Stainless steel, grinded, 220-240 grain
- Combinations of steel/aluminium/stainless steel
High degree of aesthetic appeal
- Thanks to extremely slender visible section width – 45 mm – and individual profile and surface design
- Impressive modular dimensions for generous appearance and large areas of transparency thanks to the static advantages of steel and stainless steel profiles.
Safety and protection
- Thermal insulation: Uf-values up to 1.0 W/(m2.K)
- Classification from CE-tests according to EN 13830:
- Resistance to wind load acc. to EN 12179: 3kN, safety load 4.5kN – Rain impermeability according to EN 12155: RE1200
- Air permeability according to EN 12153: AE (>600)
- Sound insulation (EN ISO 140-3): Rw up to 45 dB
- Impact resistance according to EN 14019: E5 / I5
- Burglary resistance according to EN 1627-1630: RC 2-3
- Bullet resistance according to EN 1522-1523: FB4 NS
- Fire resistance up to -/90/90
- Same appearance and identical accessories as for the fire resistant curtain wall.
- Trouble-free assembly using mechanical T-joints.
- Compatible with Fuego Light framing systems for inclusion for fire resistant doorsets
To download the Thermfix Vario flyer, click here.…
To download the Thermfix Vario booklet (11mb), click here….
To download the complete range of Forster Thermfix Vario profiles, click here….
To visit the Forster Profile Systems website, click here….